Group travel can be a daunting proposition. Where do you begin? You have a budget, a destination, and a crowd depending on you to get
them there logically and affordably...
On The Vine
We are proud that Tangerine Travel is one of the first agencies in Washington State, to be accredited to sell travel to space.
We want to make your corporate travels as seamless as possible. By letting us know your preferences and membership numbers, we
can do our job more efficiently and effectively.
Step into Luxury
A personal travel service where every expectation is understood and your utmost luxury is anticipated.
About Tangerine Travel
Tangerine Travel, Ltd. is a much awarded, 27-year, full-service travel agency. We are the largest travel agency based in the Pacific
Northwest, encompassing every kind of travel...
About Tangerine Travel
- Why Montevideo, Uruguay Is an Antique Shopper's Dream
- TSA Raked In Nearly $1 Million Last Year, Thanks to Your Spare Change
- 6 U.S. Cities to Watch in 2017
- Why Milktooth Chef Jonathan Brooks Can't Get Enough of Indianapolis
- Get to Montenegro Now—Before Everyone Else Does
- What Happens When a Destination Gets Too Popular?
- The Best Hotel Breakfasts in the World
- Best New Hotels in Africa and the Middle East: Hot List 2017
- Best New Hotels in the U.S. and Canada: Hot List 2017
- Best New Hotels in the World: Hot List 2017
- Best New Hotels in Asia: Hot List 2017
- Best New Hotels in the Caribbean and Mexico: Hot List 2017
- Best New Hotels in Europe: Hot List 2017
- Introducing the 2017 Hot List
- Hot List 2017: The Best New Hotels in the World
- Editor's Letter: How a Hotel Becomes a Legend
- Bangkok’s Beloved Street Food Stalls Are Going Away
- Southwest Airlines Pilot Arrested for Having Loaded Gun in Carry-On
- La Compagnie Is Creating an In-Flight Art Gallery
- Flight Deal: U.S. to London from $400 Round-Trip
- The New Google Earth Has 3D Views and Guided Tours
- Best New Hotels in Paris: Hot List 2017
- This Map Tells You Where to Find Perfect Weather Any Time of the Year
- Emirates to Cut Down on U.S. Flights Due to Lower Demand
- The Best of Australia
- An Audrey Hepburn and Givenchy Exhibit Is Coming to Switzerland
- With Qatar Airways' 'Track My Bags,' You'll Always Know Where Your Suitcase Is
- Flight Deal: U.S. to Colombia from $335 Round-Trip
- Iceland Is Tired of People Just Visiting Reykjavik
- Domaine des Etangs: A Memorable Stay at a French Château
- 11 Best Rooftop Bars in New York City
- Best New Hotels in Italy: Hot List 2017
- It's Officially Iceberg Season in Canada
- Norwegian Announces $229 Flights from London to Singapore
- The 20 Most Beautiful Places in South Africa
- How to Dress for Milan and Lake Como
- NYC's Life Magazine Building Is Reborn as a Boutique Hotel
- Where Uber Is Banned Around the World
- Antoni Gaudí’s Casa Vicens in Barcelona Will Finally Open as a Museum This Fall
- TBT: Vacation Like Queen Elizabeth II
- How to Plan a Trip to Cuba: Travelogue Podcast
- Bangkok's Street Food Stalls Won't Be Banned After All
- Even Japan's Deputy PM Had Something to Say About United
- Is It Safe to Travel to France Right Now?
- Our New Favorite TSA Travel Hack: Powdered Face Wash
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Reveals His Favorite Places on Earth
- Best New Design Hotels in the World: Hot List 2017
- Debate: Should You Reuse Your Hotel Towel?
- 15 Photos That Will Make You Want to Visit Lisbon
- How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint as a Traveler
- Norway Is Building the World's First Ship Tunnel
- Why NFL Wide Receiver Larry Fitzgerald Started His Own Travel Company
- A Treasure-Hunting Trip to Cambodia and Myanmar
- You Can Now Book Luxury Hotels for Just a Few Hours
- Flight Deal: West Coast to Hawaii from $350 Round-Trip
- Rosamund Pike on Her Year of Filming in London, Botswana, and Morocco
- Best New Private Island Resorts: Hot List 2017
- Phillip Lim's Life-Affirming Trip to Colombia
- The Best Time to Buy Summer Flights
- A Street Art Tour of Detroit
- Flight Deal: Southwest Summer Sale Has One-Way Fares from $39
- Best New Hotels in Sri Lanka: Hot List 2017
- La Seine Musicale: A New “City of Music” on an Island in Paris
- What to Do in Germantown, Nashville's Hottest Neighborhood
- Flight Deal: JetBlue Flash Sale Has $20 Fares Right Now
- What to Do in Fishtown, Philadelphia's Hottest Neighborhood
- Man Without Pants on a Plane Is Okay—But Leggings Aren't?
- What to Do in Fell's Point, Baltimore's Hottest Neighborhood
- What to Do in the Bronx, According to Locals
- Why You Should Visit Paris's 10th Arrondissement
- In-Room Spin Classes Are Coming to Westin Hotels
- Giant Rabbit Dies on United Airlines Flight Before Reaching Full Potential
- Google Trips Just Got Even Better
- How to Apply for Global Entry: Everything You Need to Know
- The Best of Baja California Sur: Los Cabos and Beyond
- Turbulence Injuries More Than Doubled in 2016
- 18 Photos That Will Make You Want to Visit Morocco
- Best New Hotels for Nature Lovers: Hot List 2017
- Visiting NYC’s Met? You May Have to Start Paying Admission
- Millions of Crabs Are Invading Cuba's Streets
- You Can Have a Michelin-Star Picnic in London's Hyde Park
- Fireflies in the Great Smoky Mountains Light Up At Once—Here's How to See Them
- The World’s First Nobu Ryokan Debuts in Malibu This Week
- 10 Best Beaches in Europe
- Scientists Solve Mystery Behind Antarctica's Blood Falls
- United Airlines Will Pay You Up to $10,000 For Your Seat
- 5 New Hotels That Feel Like Home: Hot List 2017
- This Robot Suitcase Follows You Around and Answers Voice Commands
- Secrets of Your Airline Seat
- The 6 Best Late Spring Getaways
- Disneyland Paris to Host an EDM Music Festival
- Why This Florist Is Leaving Flower Arrangements Around New York City
- When Denali Is Too Crowded, Visit These Alaska National Parks
- 5 Landmark Hotels That Look Better Than Ever: Hot List 2017
- New 'Downton Abbey' Exhibit Lets You Walk Through Mrs. Patmore's Kitchen and More
- Southwest Airlines Will Stop Overbooking Flights
- A Tour of Mérida, Mexico’s Most Creative and Affordable City
- Does Anyone Use Guidebooks Anymore? Travelogue Podcast
- Venice Looks to Limit Tourist Numbers With New Measures
- The 'Luxury' Fyre Festival Turned into a Total Nightmare
- 10 Best Beaches in Mexico
- The World's Most Beautiful Buddhist Temples
- How to Fly to Cuba Right Now
While airline practices continue to fill media headlines, Tangerine Travel consultants and the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) have compiled some tips to avoid being bumped as well questions to ask to ensure you are compensated appropriately.
Avoid Being Bumped
To avoid being bumped, ensure you have a seat assignment. Passengers with seat assignments are typically only bumped if they arrive late and their seat has been released. So even if there is a middle seat left to confirm…be sure to take it. Unhappy with your seat assignment? Tangerine Travel consultants have the technology to see when more desirable seats open up. Ask your Tangerine Travel consultant how you can sign up today!
Voluntary vs. Involuntary Bumping
Voluntary bumping occurs when a traveler with a confirmed seat assignment agrees to give up his or her negotiated seat for compensation. Since this is not regulated by the Department of Transportation, airlines give employees guidelines for bargaining with passengers, and they may select those volunteers willing to sell back their reservations for the lowest price.
Involuntary bumping occurs when an airline prohibits a paid passenger from boarding a flight because it has oversold the flight. The Department of Transportation regulates the compensation of involuntary bumping.
What to Ask When You Have Been Bumped
If you volunteer to give up your seat in response to an airline offer of a free ticket, it is important to ask about alternate arrangements and restrictions for using the offered compensation. Some questions to ask could include:
- Can you confirm me on a later flight with a seat assignment?
- Does the voucher or other means of compensation have an expiration date by when it must be used or redeemed?
- Are there any “blackout dates” such as holidays, when I cannot use the voucher/ticket?
- Who makes the reservation when using the voucher and how far in advance must this be done?
No matter where you are traveling, when you book your trip through Tangerine Travel, you have a travel advocate that is only a phone call or email away. For more information on traveler “fly rights” visit the Department of Transportation website by clicking here.
As corporate travel continues to grow in 2017, Tangerine Travel consultants have put together a few travel tips that can help Road Warriors make it through their next business trip.
Release Muscle Tension
Traveling often can often cause the body to tighten up. While there are great ways to stretch and roll out muscles with foam rollers and bands, those can be inconvenient to pack in a carry on. We suggest packing a tennis ball in your bag or briefcase on your next trip. They are small, inexpensive and easy to replace if left behind. Tennis balls are great to roll under your feet and legs to keep you from getting stiff or sore.
Road Warriors need simplicity when it comes to managing rewards. From specific companies’ credit cards to mileage numbers, points can be worth a good amount of money, especially with how you redeem them. Sites like AwardWallet offer a one-stop shop for tracking miles from all your accounts, including information like passwords and expiration dates.
Charge Personal Devices
Allow yourself entertainment options when traveling by making sure all of your personal devices are charged. The day before your trip charge everything you are going to need and pack it in your carry-on to eliminate any stress on the day of travel. This will allow you to relax at the airport instead of trying to find a plug to charge laptops, tablets or e-readers.
Avoid Jet Lag
It is important to figure out what your body needs to avoid jet lag. Since everyone reacts to changing time zones differently we have included a few ways to beat the exhaustion from time changes.
- Take later flights so you can sleep overnight.
- Stay well hydrated. This means avoiding soda and alcohol to ensure you arrive refreshed and not dehydrated.
- When you land, push through the day and go to bed at the normal time for your destination.
Keep Track of Boarding Passes
A challenge for Road Warriors can be keeping track of their own paper trail, starting with boarding passes and itineraries. Passbook (IOS) and PassWallet (Android) is a great hub to compile boarding passes, tickets and other important paperless items. In addition to apps on smartphones, Tangerine Travel offers an app that keeps track of itineraries and tickets as well as alerting users to travel updates and weather changes.
Tangerine Travel consultants are experts on travel. For more tips or to tell us a “travel must” that you cannot live without, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When staying in a new place each week, Road Warriors can struggle planning and preparing for a different location. Tangerine Travel knows with a little foresight, planning, and a positive outlook, our clients can turn their next business trip into a productive and enjoyable experience. Below are tips to make business travel more comfortable for our road warriors.
1. Stick to a Schedule
Before arriving, create a detailed schedule for your days away and the tasks you aim to accomplish. We suggest scheduling all meetings in the same location to cut down on the amount of running around you have to do. While sitting tight might not be the most interesting option, especially if you are in an exciting new location, you will save yourself the logistical stress of running across town between meetings.
2. Pack Light
Pack the essentials for your business trip. You know exactly what to expect from your schedule, so pack accordingly—whether you need a tailored suit for a slew of formal business meetings or business casual for an industry conference. Select clothing in solid, neutral colors that can be combined and layered to create multiple outfits. Considering the cost for checked luggage, packing a carry-on suitcase will save you time and money.
3. Keep Track of Your Expenses
Streamline the expense-reporting process by tracking your expenses digitally. Booking your airfare, rental car and hotel with Tangerine Travel ensures that all your information with be on one itinerary. If you use Concur to book travel, Concur Expense is a great tool to keep all receipts for reimbursement organized.
4. Download Your Airline’s App
Instead of waiting for the gate agents to announce your airplane’s status, get real-time updates from the app. In addition to the airline app, download GateGuru for seamless boarding and flight experiences.
5. Treat Yourself to a VIP Lounge
Treat yourself to a comfy chair at the airline lounge. If you are not flying business class, or your ticket does not come with access to the lounge, many airports offer day passes at their own home lounges. Looking for a lounge at your airport? Use Lounge Buddy, the app that gives lounge reviews and offers the opportunity to pay for lounges at a set price. Take advantage of free food, drinks, and wifi to get work done while you are waiting to take off.
With these five tips, business trips can be seamless and stress-free. Is there something in your routine that gets you through you busy travel week? Share your tips in the commons below!
The overwhelming amount of travel information available today can be daunting for those researching. The abundant amount of information is one of the greatest reasons why the services of a professional travel consultant are more valuable than ever. Those in the travel industry have access to booking information that can bring savings to clients. Although savings are important reasons for using a travel consultant, their services are much more than finding the lowest fare available. See the reasons why booking corporate or leisure travel with Tangerine Travel will help anyones upcoming travel needs.
- Tangerine Travel consultants are travel experts. Through ongoing familiarization, continuing education and customer feedback, Tangerine Travel consultants put their industry knowledge to work and organize the best travel for each client.
- In the travel industry, suppliers do not advise travelers that a better route or a better fare is available amongst their competition. Tangerine Travel consultants investigate and supply competitive information to those booking with us.
- Each consultant takes time to analyze current promotions and fares to establish which the least expensive and best fit are for our clients.
- Tangerine Travel clients benefit from our travel consultants experience that can save our clients’ money and headaches in many ways. Our consultants will clarify the fine print, such as cancellation penalties and restrictions for you.
- Tangerine Travel consultants share their knowledge about a variety of topics, from where to eat and where to shop, to what to pack and what to see.
- Travel consultants can provide one-stop shopping for travelers when booking air travel, rental cars, cruise accommodations and hotel stays. We want to ensure our clients feel they are getting the best product for their money and have the best interest of the client in mind at all times.
- Tangerine Travel is a member of Virtuoso, an invite only, elite travel network where unique experiences you cannot find online or plan yourself can be created. Many of our corporate clients use our vacation planning services and are the recipients of these value-added benefits and amenities.
- Tangerine Travel has more buying power than the average traveler booking online, whether it’s booking an airline seat, hotel room or cruise space.
- Tangerine Travel consultants are advocates for our clients in the event something inadvertently goes wrong. We are available 24/7 to help in times of need, be it due to weather, to change an itinerary or if a train line is down.
2017 is gearing up to be another record breaking travel year. TSA has announced it will be limiting the amount of travelers going through expedited screening lines without Pre Check. We suggest enrolling in a Trusted Traveler program that will allow passengers to head to a shorter line and leave shoes on and laptops in their cases. Programs such as Pre Check, Global Entry and NEXUS allow travelers to utilize the expedited security screenings and avoid the long lines. Below is some information on each option to find the best program for you depending on your travel.
TSA Pre-Check – This option is great for frequent and business travelers who can go through separate security lines, leave on their shoes and belts, and keep their laptops in the bag. For $85 you can be enrolled in TSA Pre-Check for five years. You must be a U.S. citizen and lawful permanent resident and there is no passport requirement to be approved. You can apply for TSA Pre-Check online and then make an appointment at one of the enrollment centers around the country to provide fingerprints and identification.
Global Entry – This program is great for international travelers and can coincide with TSA Pre-Check. Upon arrival to the United States, you can go straight to a Global Entry Kiosk without filling out any forms. Insert your passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification and make a customs declaration. The membership is $100 for five years or you can pay an extra $15 from the Pre-Check program to Global Entry. A passport is required for Global Entry and you can apply online and then make an appointment at one of several enrollment centers around the country to provide fingerprints and identification as well as be interviewed. For a list of eligible countries and more information on Global Entry, click here.
NEXUS – This option is the Canadian version of Global Entry, offering expedited processing at airports and land borders when entering the U.S. and Canada. On the plus side, NEXUS is less expensive at $50 for a five-year membership. The negative is there are only a handful of enrollment centers for NEXUS and they are located near the Canadian borders in places like upstate New York, Maine, Montana and Washington State. You can pre-enroll online, visit an enrollment center for an interview, provide fingerprints and verify ID. There is no passport requirement. For information on NEXUS please, click here.
Still deciding on what program is best for you? Talk with your Tangerine travel consultant about your travel destinations and they will help you make the best choice for you as a traveler.
Lufthansa Offers More Comfort on Long-Haul Aircraft
Lufthansa’s Airbus A350-900 is offering several new amenities to all flight classes in an effort to improve comfort and help travelers arrive to destinations feeling relaxed and better rested. Check out some of the new amenities to be offered on long-haul flights below.
Business Class Self Service Area
The new Business Class design allows for passengers to help themselves to snack and drinks in the self-service area. While the regular meal service still stands, passengers can use this space any time between regular meal service in addition to being able to order drinks from their seats.
Seat Upgrade in Economy Class and On-Board Entertainment
Seating will be more comfortable for those in the Economy Class section. The A350-900 will offer ergonomically-formed seat upholstery as well as more storage space for personal items. While enjoying the comfortable seats, passengers will have the opportunity to create a playlist of favorite items for the trip from home using the “Lufthansa Companion App.” Once on-board, travelers can sync their personal playlist with their screen.
The A350-900 will be based in Munich beginning February 10 with its first destinations being Dehli and Boston. For more details on this new plane or to book your next flight, email us at email@example.com
Business travel can be a costly necessity for many organizations. Tangerine Travel understands travel expenses and the essentials to make the corporate travel process positive and efficient. Below are some tips to help implement cost savings for your corporate travel program.
Work with a Travel Management Company
A Travel Management Company (TMC) will plan travel, process reservations, work with online booking tools, tabulate data, implement technology, track travelers and lend support to the businesses it works with. The buying power and established relationships between travel vendors and TMCs allows for savings to be handed down to the client. Tangerine Travel offers out-of-the-box services to ensure each client’s needs are met. Working with a TMC can offer savings, organization and peace of mind to corporations and their traveling employees.
Create a Business Travel Policy
Creating and enforcing a business travel policy will help any business streamline travel procedures. In addition to a travel policy, having a TMC to create guidelines and offer support to travelers when booking travel will help in saving your business money and booking travel with ease.
Increase Advance Booking Period
When booking corporate travel the best way to be cost effective is to book trips further out, particularly for rail and air travel. Tangerine Travel can offer companies reports that show how far in advance bookings have been made. If the data suggests the average bookings are happening 3 days before travel, companies can implement a change in their travel policy or focus on improving the time of bookings.
Use an Online Booking Tool
Tangerine Travel works hand-in-hand with Concur to offer our clients an online booking tool. Concur is an excellent way to book travel quickly while also having the support team at Tangerine Travel to aid in any questions or booking concerns that may arise. In addition to the online booking tool, Concur offers an expense program that can make recording receipts and submitting for reimbursement so simple and cost effective.
For more information on Tangerine Travel’s management programs or for more helpful tips on travel reach out to our travel consultants and firstname.lastname@example.org
Hertz Rental Cars has recently updated its Rental Identification Policy for all rental car reservations that are to be direct billed to a company. In an effort to protect customers from fraud the renter must provide a valid driver’s license that matches the name on the reservation as well as one of the following:
- Employee identification with renter’s name and company name.
- Business card with renter’s name and company name.
- Medical insurance card indicating the renter’s name and company name.
If the renter is not an employee and they do not have any company identification, they must present one of the following:
- A letter on company letterhead indicating that they have a relationship with the company.
- An email from the company stating the same as above. The email must contain the company in the email address.
- A travel itinerary that indicates both the renter’s name and company name.
If you have any question about these policy changes please reach out to your Tangerine Travel consultant or email us at email@example.com.
Stay connected with these five apps that can make travel convienient, relaxing and enhance your overall travel experience.
FlightAware is an app that lets you track any flight in real-time and sends alerts regarding important travel information such as airport delays. FlightAware is a convenient one-stop-shop to find out airport and airline info. Save the space on your phone by sticking with this one handy app. Available on iOS and Android.
LoungeBuddy offers options to find a relaxing place to spend your next layover by compiling airports lounges travelers can visit in over 170 lounges worldwide. The pay-by-use lounge offers instant access one you book using the LoungeBuddy app. You can utilize the app on either iOS or Android devices.
Wiffinity is a great way to stay connected when traveling. Wiffinity keeps travelers online with a list of WiFi networks and passwords continuously updated by app users. The app is available with iOS and Android devices.
If you are traveling with kids, Yuggler helps parents discover all the kid-friendly things to do near you. Search via filters to find tips and see photos that are perfect for your children’s ages. Available on iOS with an app developing for Android users also.
The map market is saturated with different apps to get travelers from place to place. We found MAPS.ME to be the perfect map app that can be used offline. Download the maps that you will need during travel and enjoy knowing where you are going. App download available on iOS and Android.
Is there are travel app that you cannot live without? Comment below to share with fellow Tangerine travelers!
’Tis the season to warm up from the chilly temperatures and start planning a warm winter getaway! Let one of our Tangerine Travel Advisors help you escape the cold and travel to one of our picks around the globe below. Or, you can surprise someone special and give the gift of a great vacation this holiday season. We are standing by ready to help in either case!
Hike in a Costa Rican Rain Forest
Costa Rica has it all, from vibrant rain forest, diverse wildlife, white-sand beaches that border both the Pacific and the Atlantic, and a laid-back local culture. Tangerine Travel clients can choose between full service, all-inclusive Costa Rican beach resorts or wilderness lodges deep in the rain forest, where electricity and room service are practically extinct. The winter months mark Costa Rica's dry season offering stunning weather and crystal-clear diving conditions in the region. Ring in 2017 with toucans, sloths and squirrel monkeys as you relax and enjoy your rain forest escape.
Go Diving or Snorkeling in Bonaire
This tiny island located in the Southern Caribbean measures just 112 square miles and has been named one of the world's best diving destinations. The western side of the island is rimmed by colorful reefs swarming with parrot fish, sea turtles, butterfly fish, eagle rays and hundreds of other marine animals. Tangerine Travel suggests a trip to Bonaire as the sunny weather year round and location (located south of the Carribean’s hurricane belt) makes it a perfect destination year round. Our advisors can plan the entire trip down to your diving and snorkel reservations.
Enjoy a Mexican Spa Day
MEXICO! A favorite destination among Tangerine Travel clients! Mexico’s sunny climate and abundance of resorts in all price ranges make it a great place to treat yourself to a relaxing spa getaway. For true decadence, try the Spa at the Belmond Maroma Resort and Spa located outside of Cancun. Many of the unique spa treatments draw on Mayan traditions, for example a detox herbal wrap incorporating local honey and healing herbs. As a Tangerine Travel preferred partner, the Belmond Maroma Resort and Spa is offering upgrades upon arrival, complimentary oil messages and breakfast.
Museum-Hopping in San Diego
Leave your passport at home and enjoy sunny San Diego. A destination known for its year-round temperate climate and a plethora of fun things to do! Tangerine Travelers can find 15 museums at Balboa Park, with collections devoted to anthropology, sports, photography, historic automobiles, art from around the world. Explore the unique culinary world of San Diego from delicious mexican cuisine, fresh seafood and 5-star dining options. After a day of exploring, rest your traveling legs at the La Valencia Hotel at La Jolla. A beautiful place to relax, guests have access to the outdoor pool with the Pacific Ocean as your backdrop. Our travel advisors suggest spending a week exploring these museums, unwinding at top rated hotels and wandering the city's historic Gaslamp Quarter.